AquaVie Health + Safety Highlights
Following Governor Newsom’s announcement of gym re-closures throughout San Diego County, we will temporarily close indoor operations of AquaVie Fitness + Wellness Club until further notice, effective Friday, November 13 at 8 PM.
The health and safety of our employees and members are at the heart of our operations. Here is a highlight of procedures we have implemented to keep our members, employees, and communities safe while exceeding the guidelines created by Governor Newson, the CDC, and local health officials. As the situation evolves, we will continue to evaluate our processes, improve our methods, train our employees, and joyfully prepare for your next workout.
- Members should not enter if they currently have or experienced any of these symptoms within the last 14 days: fever, cough, shortness of breath, muscle soreness, changes in taste or smell, or sore throat.
- Members should wear a face-covering, observe physical distancing, wash their hands often, and practice cough and sneeze etiquette.
- Face masks are required to be worn at all times when INDOORS at AquaVie. When working out on the OUTDOOR rooftop, Face masks are not required. Please keep a mask with you at all times to ensure you can wear it between equipment use and as you traverse between levels. Learn more about CA State Mask Guidelines
- Before every shift, we screen and document employees for symptoms and signs of illness, including temperature checks.
- We provide masks for employees, which they wear at all times.
- We have established glove use policies for employees throughout the property.
- We regularly train employees on the current Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and local health department guidelines as well as a rapid response if an employee or guest shows signs of illness.
- Our club uses cleaning products and protocols that meet or exceed the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) & CDC guidelines, such as eMist electrostatic disinfectant sprayers. These protocols are approved for the treatment of and are effective against viruses, bacteria, and other airborne and bloodborne pathogens.
- We are working with vendors, distribution partners, and suppliers to maintain an uninterrupted supply of cleaning supplies and all required personal protective equipment (PPE).
- We have added hand sanitizer throughout the club for members and employees.
- We have increased the air filter replacement and HVAC system cleaning frequency as well as the fresh air exchange system’s operation.
- You can help our efforts by using sanitizer wipes provided around the gym and wiping down equipment both before and after use.
- We have floor markings to ensure physical distancing for members and employees during check-in.
- Hand sanitizer is available at the Front Desk.
- We have increased the sanitizing frequency in the Lobby with an emphasis on door handles, and desks.
- Please enter from the north-facing Courtyard entrance and exit onto Broadway.
- All members/guests will have their temperature checked upon arrival. Your temperature must be under 100 degrees and exhibit no other symptoms for admittance.
- You must sign a waiver and declare that you do not possess any COVID-19 related symptoms.
- Hours of operation: Monday – Friday 6 AM – 8 PM, Saturday & Sunday 8 AM – 4 PM
- Our club has always been clean; however, we have increased the cleaning and sanitizing frequency throughout the club.
- The club has undergone a moderate make-over to better organize the flow of traffic while respecting proper social distancing requirements.
- We have placed signs and markers throughout our club to remind members about face-coverings, physical distancing, handwashing hygiene, cough and sneeze etiquette, and staying home when sick.
- Elevators have markings to ensure appropriate physical distancing. We have increased the cleaning of elevator doors, buttons, rails, walls, and added hand sanitizer by the elevators.
- We have reduced the club’s overall capacity to (50) indoor and (30) outdoor.
- We have elevated our rigorous protocols to clean all surfaces with hospital-grade disinfectants.
- We have removed objects that are transferrable, including hairdryers and vanity amenities.
- We have placed signs and markers throughout our locker room to remind members about face-coverings, physical distancing, handwashing hygiene, cough and sneeze etiquette, and staying home when sick.
- Showers, saunas and steam rooms are not available at this time.
- Men’s locker room “hot” tub is not available at this time.
- Pool hours of operation: Monday – Friday 6 AM – 8 PM, Saturday & Sunday 8 AM – 4 PM
- Pool capacity is limited at any given time to adhere to social distancing guidelines.
- The pool deck has been reconfigured to adhere to guidelines provided
- The hot tub is available at this time in accordance to CDC guidelines.
- Chaise lounge and chairs will be cleaned between each use.
- The food and beverage menu is available.
- Billing is standard for active members. If your account is currently frozen, please rest assured your account will continue to be frozen until further notice.
- AquaVie Spa is open accordance to CDC guidelines and will offer massage, wraps, scrubs, rituals, and facials, including HydraFacial and Intraceuitcals Oxygen Facials. Waxing available only as add-on with facial. (Nail care, couples massage, and group events are not currently available).
- Treatments are available by appointment only Monday – Friday 8 AM – 7 PM, Saturday & Sunday 9 AM – 3 PM.
- To book a treatment, please email Concierge@aquaviewellness.comor 619-557-3663.
- Staff must wear a face covering throughout the entire interaction with the spa guest. Guest must wear face coverings at all times while in the facility.
- Facials: Guest must wear face coverings except when the face covering must be removed for the performance of services involving that part of the face. Massage: Guest must wear face coverings during the entirety of the massage service.
- Spa retail is available.
Questions or Concerns
- We love to hear from our members! If you have any questions or concerns, please email Concierge@AquaVieWellness.com or stop by the front desk.